Top 5 Ayurveda Destinations in India
Go Natural! Go the Ayurveda way!
The sedentary lifestyle of cities take a toll on the general health and well being leaving people prone to life threatening diseases and chronic illnesses. So here Ayurveda comes to their rescue!
Ayurveda – an ancient art of healing is gaining popularity now-a-days due to increasing keenness among people to adopt a healthy lifestyle. It is a Hindu medicinal art that dates back to thousands of years. It uses herbs and other natural medicines to treat illnesses and to promote general well-being. People from India as well as abroad come to visit many specialised centres and resorts In India to experience an Ayurvedic detox here. So we going with the trend of rising demand for Ayurvedic tours have brought to you a list of Top Ayurveda Destinations of India which offer a rich experience to their visitors:
- Somatheeram Ayurveda Resort, Kerala: Tucked up on a hillock at the beach side, this Ayurveda Resort boasts of an ever tranquil environment away from the city commotion. The lush green surroundings also add to the tranquillity and beauty of the place. Somatheeram Ayurveda Resort was set up as the first Ayurveda resort in the world and it is thus considered as the pioneer in this field; this is the reason why it qualifies undisputedly to be our top pick. ‘Regular characteristic massages carrying long term benefits’ is a factor that makes this resort stand apart from the rest. There are peculiarly planned out routines, diet charts that people are made to follow to help them completely recover from the wear and tear their body has suffered. Also there are specialised treatments for chronic illnesses which are tailored carefully to suit individual cases. Yoga classes and backwater cruises are included in Ayurveda tour packages.
- Ananda, Uttarakhand: Placed in between the mighty Himalayan mountains, Ananda resort stands true to its name as it offers an ecstatic experience and a blissful stay. What is interesting to note that it beautifully combines age old ayurveda therapies with newly developed aromatherapy treatments. (Best of both, we can say!) Customised packages are planned for the guests who never fail to appreciate the ‘Ananda hospitality’. Weather and lifestyle in the Himalayan region is the reason why the treatments at Ananda have been made out and planned in a completely different manner, for example lesser oil is used. One of the star attractions here is the special suite for couples known as the Kama Suite which is customised for a gratifying experience for both the partners. On the top of everything location is definitely jewel of the crown! Paradisical scenery where guests can enjoy the view of Himalayas on one side and river Ganga on the other is something which makes Ananda Ayurveda tour packages outstanding.
[ Check-out the list of Ayurveda Tour Packages ]
- Devaaya Ayurveda and Nature Cure Centre, Goa: Widely known for its sun bathed beaches and recreation experiences, there is also something different and fulfilling that Goa has to offer: Devaaya Ayurveda and Nature Cure Centre. It is a resort which has emerged as one of the leading ayurveda healing centres in the whole country. Situated on an island over the rapturous Mandovi river, Devaaya gives its guests the gift of peaceful surroundings during their stay. Tall palm trees swaying on the edges peering over clear waters gives the much needed pleasure to the visitors. Adding to the uniqueness of Devaaya is the way it has been designed, constructed and ornamented- that’s according to Vaastu Shastra. (Vaastu Shastra is the science of good architecture that thrusts on ushering in positive energy by using symmetry and other traditional Hindu and Buddhist healing construction techniques). All the treatments given at Devaaya Ayurveda tour, be it yoga sessions, meditation or healing massages, are fashioned on the lines of therapeutic Ayurvedic cleansing of the whole system.
- The Leela, Udaipur: Since we are talking about a healing centre located in Udaipur, we can think of it to be one extending the incomparable regal hospitality of Rajasthan to its guests. The Leela, Udaipur is situated on the picturesque lake Pichola which in itself is a one of the most well known tourist attractions in the city of lakes. Royal architecture and opulent ornamentation of the suites adds to the grandeur of the place. ‘Private spa tents at luxurious locations’ is one of the best features of the Leela in Udaipur. There are many sumptuous spa treatments like ESPA facials, hot stone massages etc to choose from. Hence boasting of an epicurean menu of holistic massages, specialty massages, Ayurvedic wraps and royal spa treatments, the Leela ayurveda tour is a hit among ayurveda inspired travel packages.
[Be in Udaipur with Rajasthan Holiday Packages]
- Kairali Ayurvedic Health Village, Kerala: Nestled among the beautiful western ghats,Kairali Ayurvedic Health Village is one of the most famous Ayurvedic wellness centres in the south. Built upon the premise of using pure Ayurveda treatments for healing and wellness, it thrusts upon using Ayurveda as part and parcel of our life. Not only this but various treatments are given for serious illnesses which have given effective and permanent positive results in the past. The village has the best of international coaches to provide yoga training during the Ayurveda tour. One of the unique features ofKairali health village is that different styles of meditation are taught over here in a tranquil and reposeful environment which helps you to relax as well as to empower yourself.
[ Get here best travel packages for Kerala Ayurveda Tour Packages ]
Latest posts by Travelogy India (see all)
- 20 Best Places to Visit in India in May - March 28, 2017
- India’s Famous Festivals and Events in April - March 18, 2017
- Air India Makes Guinness World Record with Women Crew Flight on International Women’s Day - March 8, 2017