Ten Compelling Reasons to Visit Jim Corbett National Park
Uttarakhand has numerous tourist destinations but the best of all is the tiger sanctuary which is called as Jim Corbett National Park. Since 1936 from the date of inauguration, this park has been attracting numerous tourists from international and local destinations.
Are you assuming that this park is just for nature lovers or for children? Here are a few compelling reasons to visit Jim Corbett National Park.
- This place is a paradise for photographers. The park covers 1288 square kilometers and every inch of the park is the best spot for photography. There are more than 200 species of animals and more than 500 species of birds including migration birds. There will be a lot of clicks to take and spots to enjoy here.
- Jeep safari, rickshaw safari and cycle safari are common. How about elephant safari for a romantic getaway? The place is cool and as green as possible. This would make a wonderful spot for lovers. You can spend the night in the park and enjoy bonfire in the evening.
- You can find luxury accommodations inside the park with many convenience and facilities. This makes the park a good spot for corporate outing and also a luxurious weekend getaway.
- Not just safari; this place is filled with numerous adventure activities like trekking, mountain climbing, angling, rock climbing, river rafting and many others. These activities make the park a hub for adventure lovers.
- You can find a lot of endangered and rare exotic species of animals and birds here.
- You can choose elephant safari to enjoy predators from very close quarters with safety. You can explore the landscape with leisure with elephants and dwell deep into the park than any other vehicle. This will give thrills to those who want some adrenaline rushing activities.
- You can enjoy bird watching here with ample amount of time and species to note. You can find numerous ornithologists and wild animal lovers spending time spotting animals and birds. If you are looking for migration birds, November to March is the right season.
- If you love fishing, you can spend some time in Ramganga River. You can also find angling options here. The angling season starts in September and ends by the last week of May.
- This is one of the very few places in the world where you can spot Royal Bengal tigers. They are not easy to spot unless you find them near water bodies quenching their thirst.
- Crocodile point is a small region in this park where you can find 33 species of reptiles and seven species of amphibians. You can also spot one of the most endangered species, Indian rock python here.
- You can find many scenic spots like Dhikala for valley view. You can rent a century old house here if you want to enjoy some nature filled time.
- Kalagarh dam and Corbett falls are some places where you can enjoy picnic or some strolling. These areas are surrounded by dense forest and thus, you need to get a guide’s help to visit these places.
- There are 488 species of plants in this park. Starting from Acacia forests to small plants, you can find numerous types of flora here.
Read More about Jim Corbett National Park – How to Reach, Best Time to visit
You can find Himalayan black bears, rhesus macaques, night jars, pangolin, grey mongoose, yellow throated martens, otters, Himalayan gorals and many others. Apart from these, there are numerous types of tigers, elephants and deers found in abundant. You might have to be patient while visiting these parks. You cannot expect animals to show up when you visit. You need to wait and track them even if you are visiting during the peak season.
Suggested Tour : 5 Days – Corbett Wildlife Tour
Also Read : Beginners’ Indian Travel Guide – Wildlife Safari
Latest posts by Alina Jack (see all)
- Top Places to Visit in India in December - June 19, 2017
- Right Accommodations for Luxury Vacation in India - May 13, 2017
- Unique Ways & Interesting Places to Spend Summer Vacation in India - April 29, 2017