Places To See on a Kumarakom Tour
Ever thought how an edenic place would look like? Ever wanted to see how a paradisiacal tourist destination would be? If you want to see places like these then we suggest that you should tour Kumarakom.
It is picturesque destination in the southern state of Kerala where calmness flows through the whole environment. You can get a touch of cool breeze all over your face which will give you a refreshing feeling. In fact, aura of the whole place is such that it rejuvenates your mind, body and soul releasing it from the wear and tear of daily city life.
It is a perfect destination for planning a short family trip or a weekend sojourn with your beloved. Let us explore as to what places you can tour as you plan to visit Kumarakom:
1. Vembanad Lake: A cruise through Vembanad lake will be a very nice experience for the tourists who would like to get the taste of Kerala. Sailing on the blue calm waters lined with tall palm trees in a houseboat under an endless sky will be something that you will definitely love. You will also be able to spot some beautiful birds flying past by as you sail through the lake due to Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary located nearby. The lake has the distinction of being the longest lake in India.
Travelogy India Recommended Tours:
2. Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary: Housing exotic bird species, the Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary attracts a large number of tourists day in and day out. It is famous mainly for the huge number of migratory birds that flock here. There are some the Himalayan region and some from the Siberian region making this a true bird watchers delight. The wetlands like ecosystem provides perfect environment for these birds to stay here. Guided bird watching cruises are the best way to excurse the bird sanctuary
3. Ayurveda Resort: You can plan to stay in an ayurveda resort at the bank of Vembanad lake. The resort will offer the best of relaxation with scenic beauty there to be the pleasure of your eyes and ayurveda diet and a meticulously planned routine to release your body off the stress. Yoga classes are also conducted in the morning at the resort. Apart from all this, aromatic massages done by experts using herbs and special oils are a star attraction. You can take back the ayurveda heritage from here and incorporate it into your lifestyle too. Explore here various Spa & Ayurveda Tour Packages
Suggested Kerala Ayurveda Tour Packages :
4. Aruvikkuzhi Waterfalls: Located in Kumarakom district only, this waterfall looks as if it is descending like a blessing from the heaven. Being tucked among the lush green rubber plantations of Kerala it looks picture perfect. Mornings are the best time to enjoy the view of this place fully because at noon the atmosphere is humid here and in the evening it gets dusky very early.
5. Kumarakom Backwaters: Apart from cruising on the Vembanad lake, there are several other backwaters areas that you should definitely explore while on a trip to Kumarakom. Pristine in all its respects the backwaters with their exotic flora look extremely enchanting. Also the marine life of Kumarakom backwaters is worth exploring as there are exotic fish species which are very difficult to be seen anywhere else like the pearl spotted fish which looks amazing when spotted.
Recommended Best of Kerala Tours:
Latest posts by Travelogy India (see all)
- 20 Best Places to Visit in India in May - March 28, 2017
- India’s Famous Festivals and Events in April - March 18, 2017
- Air India Makes Guinness World Record with Women Crew Flight on International Women’s Day - March 8, 2017