India finally directly connected via flights to Indonesia
India has always been a great source market for Indonesia in terms of international tourism between the places. So, now Indonesia has given the tourists travelling from India another great reason to travel to their country.
The Garuda Indonesia which is the national airline of the country, has launched flights directly between Jakarta and Mumbai, that goes via Bangkok.
The two countries of India and Indonesia have long had several cultural and socio-political ties with each other, but lacked direct connectivity until now. The new direct flight service will be now operated by a B737 which fly three times every week on the following days – Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
M Arif Wibowo, the President and CEO of Garuda Indonesia was quoted saying at the launch of this new service at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai that “India is an important milestone for the strategy of Garuda to be present in the marketplace. This flight will help them grow better in the marketplace.”
Till now Indonesia has witnessed a great surge in the tourist arrivals from India. Bali alone recorded a massive increase in Indian tourist arrivals by 58.7 percent till October this year.
Thus, it is evident that Indonesia wants to further boost and gain greater tourism with allowing further convenience for the Indian travelers visiting Indonesia. This is a major milestone for countries to be better connected with each other, who share so much of their culture and heritage in common.
Related Post :
- Air India Plans To Include More Flights from India To Australia
- Direct Flight between Brussels and Mumbai From 2017
- Air India Introduce Direct Flights India to Madrid, Spain
Latest posts by Travelogy India (see all)
- India’s Famous Festivals and Events in April - March 18, 2017
- Air India Makes Guinness World Record with Women Crew Flight on International Women’s Day - March 8, 2017
- Ranthambore National Park- A Peaceful Abode of Tigers! - February 22, 2017